The Additional Resources form is intended to be a need-based “last-dollar award” that fills in the gap between financial aid, the students and their family’s resources, other outside aid, and the actual costs of tuition, mandatory fees and on-campus housing and meals plans. (Note: Funds awarded to cover room costs will not exceed the cost of a standard double room ($7450 annually for 2020-21).
Students and their families must have exhausted all possible resources including: grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, payment plans, and student and parent loans before completing the additional resources form.
Additional Resource Funds: am I eligible?
- My FASFA for 2020-2021 has been completed. (International Students are also eligible – FAFSA not required).
- I have received my financial aid award for 2020-2021.
- I am/will maintain full-time enrollment during the 2020-2021 academic year (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- I am meeting PSU’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.
I am not eligible if:
- I have not completed the FASFA.
- I have not received a financial aid award.
- I am eligible for federal student loans through financial aid that have not been utilized.
- For dependent students: My parents have not applied for the Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS loan). (PLUS loan instructions)
- I am not meeting PSU’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.
- I plan to enroll part-time during 2020-2021.
- I am seeking additional funds to cover the costs of studying abroad or participation in the National Student Exchange program.